News & Events
- Finding hope in hard times; letting God move you through your suffering
- Ukrainian Catholic community comes together one year one from start of war
- LITURGICAL FORMATION AND RENEWAL PROGRAM - Important stages of life made holy through Sacramentality, says Fr Vincent
- Families gain from inaugural MOU; parties commit to working proactively
- Errol and Jason ordained to the diaconate: We are all called to be faithful disciples of Jesus, says Archbishop Costelloe
- Archive 2023
- Archive 2022
- Archive 2021
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2019
- Archive 2018
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- Archive 2012
- Archive 2011
- Archive 2010
- The Record Magazine
- Photo Gallery
- Video Gallery
Advent Lectio Divina App Available
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God…”
The Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay has been producing lectio divina reflections for Advent and Lent since 2009, distributing over 70,000 each season to individuals and communities across Australia and beyond.
This year, the Diocese is pleased to announce the release of lectio divina – the App, a new and accessible way to prayerfully reflect on the Scriptures in preparation for the joyful arrival of the Christ child.
Lectio divina is the meditative reading of a text of God’s Word, the Scriptures, alone or with others, which leads to prayer, transformation of life, and, through that transformed life.
This practice of prayer involves the whole person. Through our senses we read, we meditate using our reason and imagination, and we pray and transform our life with our will. It is not just an interior practice but one that engages with the issues of our Christian life.
lectio divina can now be with you at any time, wherever you are.
For iPads and Android Tablets you will be able to follow a simple process to both read and hear the Scriptures for each Sunday during Advent along with selected Christmas and Epiphany readings. Each section has additional reflection material to assist in the prayerful exploration of the Word. A Lite version that offers the scriptures and accompanying reflection (no audio), is available for iPod Touch, iPhones and Android Phones.
“During the Advent season you are invited to take up this reflective approach to the word of God.,” says Bishop Emeritus of Broken Bay, Bishop David Walker.
“It is a wonderful opportunity to enter through a door to a new understanding and a deeper relationship with the One born in time who lives among us and whose life we share through Baptism.”
Lectio divina App is available free worldwide for both Apple and Android devices. The following are the links for your device:
- iPhone – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lectio-divina-phone/id760070889?ls=1&mt=8
- iPad – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lectio-divina-tablet/id760044932?ls=1&mt=8
- Android phone – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fraynework.lectiodivina2013mob
- Android tablet – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fraynework.lectiodivina2013
Alternatively, search for lectio divina, lectio, dbb, or broken bay, and look for the purple ‘LD.’
To find out more about lectio divina please visit www.dbb.org.au
For further information about this media release contact:
Annie Carrett, Diocesan Communications Manager
Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay
T: 02 9847 0724 M: 0439 600 233 E:firstname.lastname@example.org