- Vicar General & Episcopal Vicars
- Statistical Overview
- Boundaries of Archdiocese
- Organisational Structure
- Archdiocesan Plan 2016 - 2021
- Archdiocesan Transition Project
- Coat of Arms
- Fifth Plenary Council of Australia
- COVID-19 Position Statement
- Modern Slavery Statement
- Connect With Us
- MOBILE APP
COVID-19 Update: Perth Metropolitan and Peel Region: Three (3) days of interim restrictions
Perth Metropolitan and Peel Region to enter three (3) days of interim restrictions
The Most Rev Timothy Costelloe SDB
Archbishop of Perth
Friday 2 July 2021
Download the full text in PDF
The Premier has this afternoon advised that from 12.01am, Saturday, 3 July 2021, Perth and the Peel Region will enter into three (3) days of interim restrictions until 12.01am, Tuesday, 6 July 2021.
During this interim period the following restrictions will apply:
• people in the Perth and Peel regions will be free to leave their homes;
• masks will remain mandatory, both indoors and outdoors, and on public transport;
• people are encouraged to continue to work from home if they are able;
• private gatherings of up to ten (10) visitors indoors and twenty (20) outdoors;
• people from Perth and Peel can travel to other parts of WA, but must follow restrictions (i.e. wearing a mask);
• visits to hospitals are prohibited except for compassionate reasons (e.g. end of life); and
• visits to aged/disability care facilities are prohibited except for essential care, compassionate reasons and end of life advocacy.
Weddings are restricted to twenty (20) people. Funerals are also allowed, but will be limited to twenty (20) people, not including staff. Masks must be worn by all people attending a wedding or a funeral.
Religious gatherings (excluding weddings and funerals) can recommence and are restricted to twenty (20) people with the 4 sqm rule. Masks must be worn.
From Tuesday, 6 July 2021, pending health advice, the government will confirm an easing of restrictions beyond the transitional period. Between Tuesday, 6 July 2021, and 12.01am, Monday 12 July 2021 the following restrictions will then apply:
• masks will continue to be mandatory indoors, including the workplace and on public transport;
• private gatherings of up to thirty (30) visitors for home gatherings;
• a 150 person limit will be in place for outdoor private gatherings and the 2sqm rule will be in effect (including weddings and funerals);
• places of worship may have a limit 150 people and with the 2sqm rule; and
• visits to hospitals, aged/disability care facilities will be permitted with only four (4) visitors permitted each day/per person, and masks will be mandatory for staff and visitors.
The WA Government’s full announcement outlining all restrictions relevant to the lockdown can be found at: https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/department-of-the-premier-and-cabinet/covid-19-coronavirus-latest-updates.
Further updates relevant to the Archdiocese of Perth will be communicated on an ongoing basis in response to these developing circumstances and made available on the dedicated COVID-19 page on the website of the Archdiocese of Perth: http://www.perthcatholic.org.au/COVID19.htm
Further updates can be accessed on the WA Government’s website: https://www.wa.gov.au/government/covid-19-coronavirus
Yours sincerely in Christ
Most Rev. Timothy Costelloe SDB
Archbishop of Perth