COVID-19: Post-lockdown restrictions to ease further: Perth and Peel Region
Post-lockdown restrictions to ease further: Perth and Peel Region
The Most Rev Timothy Costelloe SDB
Archbishop of Perth
30 April 2021
Download the full text in PDF
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
The Premier announced last night that the Perth and Peel regions will move closer to the return of pre-lockdown life from 12.01 am Saturday, 1 May 2021.
The easing of restrictions for the Perth and Peel regions from 12.01am, Saturday 1 May, 2021 to 12.01 am Saturday 8 May 2021 will be in place as follows:
• places of worship can reopen to 100% capacity;
• face masks are mandatory for indoor public venues, including in the workplace and on public transport unless exemptions apply;
• anyone who has been in the Perth or Peel regions since April 17 but has since travelled to another region must also wear a mask subject to the above conditions;
• a 30-person limit in all homes for private gatherings; and
• one household can visit a patient per day in a hospital, aged care or disability facility.
It is mandatory for places of worship and all Archdiocesan workplaces to have available the SafeWA App and/or paper based contact register for clergy, parishioners, staff, contractors and visitors.
Anyone in an unaffected region who has been in Perth or Peel since 17 April must comply with mask-wearing requirements.
The WA Government’s full announcement outlining all restrictions relevant to the lockdown can be found at: https://www.wa.gov.au/government/announcements/perth-and-peel-lockdown-restrictions-ease-further
Further updates relevant to the Archdiocese of Perth will be communicated on an ongoing basis in response to these developing circumstances and made available on the dedicated COVID-19 page on the website of the Archdiocese of Perth: http://www.perthcatholic.org.au/COVID19.htm
Yours sincerely in Christ
Most Rev. Timothy Costelloe SDB
Archbishop of Perth