Clergy and Religious - Visitations and Appointments
All Clergy, Deacons and vowed Religious, engaged in public ministry within the Archdiocese of Perth who are from intrastate, interstate or overseas wishing to minister in the Archdiocese of Perth are required to both seek permission to minister and also meet the Archdiocesan screening requirements.
This process must be completed at least two weeks PRIOR to the commencement of the visit, short stay, or appointment.
In all instances (visit/short stay or appointment) the following submissions are necessary:
- 1. Send an email to the Office of the Vicar General via email@example.com outlining the intent of the visit/short stay or appointment.
- 2. Provide an Australian Catholic Ministry Register (ACMR) Number
- In the event an ACMR number is not available, the CHURCH AUTHORITY STATEMENT FORM is required.
- 3. Complete the PERSONAL SAFEGUARDING DECLARATION FORM
- 4. WA Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- If from Interstate or overseas and the stay is for more than fourteen (14) days per year, a Western Australian Working with Children Check is required. Please contact the Catholic Archdiocese of Perth Safeguarding Office via firstname.lastname@example.org to be guided in the process.
Please send all completed paperwork to the Office of the Vicar General via email@example.com. The Office of the Vicar General will provide the appropriate permission confirmation to you.
Please note Ministry within the Archdiocese is not permitted until all correspondence is received and permission has been granted.
It is expected that all Clergy, Deacons, Religious Brothers and Sisters, coming into the Archdiocese of Perth, make themselves familiar with the principles and guidelines of the Integrity in Ministry, National Catholic Safeguarding Standards (NCSS) and the Archdiocese Code of Ethical Conduct documents.