Our Lady of the Missions Sisters - Congregation of Our Lady of the Missions (RNDM)
Our Lady of the Missions Provincial Administration Office,40A Mary St, Highgate WA 6003, Australia
40A Mary St, Highgate WA 6003, Australia
(08) 9422 7904
In 1861 in Lyon, France, Euphrasie Barbier, in religion Mother Mary of the Heart of Jesus, founded a missionary Congregation to respond especially to the needs of marginalized women and children through various forms of education and social ministry. Introduced to Australia in the Diocese of Perth from Christchurch, New Zealand, by Bishop Matthew Gibney in 1897. First community established at Highgate Hill. Today there are communities in Melbourne and throughout the world in 23 different countries.