Pallottines - Society of the Catholic Apostolate (SAC)
85 Studley Park Road, Kew VIC 3101, Australia
Union of the Catholic Apostolate
60 Fifth Ave, Rossmoyne WA 6148, Australia
Founded by St Vincent Pallotti in 1835 in Rome, Italy. Introduced to Australia in the Vicariate of Kimberley (now the Diocese of Broome) in 1901. A Pallottine priest worked in Perth 1907-1909; first community in Perth Archdiocese established at Wandering in 1944. The second community was established at Rivervale in 1951 with a new parish at Riverton (Queen of Apostles Parish). In 1955 the Pallottine Centre was opened at Rossmoyne. The centre included hostel accommodation for high school and apprentice aged aboriginal children from the Kimberley and Gascoigne. The hostel enabled boys and girls to be educated to year 12 at local schools or to be apprenticed to local businesses. The centre closed in the late 1990s.