News & Events
- Ukrainian Catholic community comes together one year one from start of war
- LITURGICAL FORMATION AND RENEWAL PROGRAM - Important stages of life made holy through Sacramentality, says Fr Vincent
- Families gain from inaugural MOU; parties commit to working proactively
- Errol and Jason ordained to the diaconate: We are all called to be faithful disciples of Jesus, says Archbishop Costelloe
- The gift of the Eucharist the focus for new liturgical formation and renewal program
- Archive 2023
- Archive 2022
- Archive 2021
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2019
- Archive 2018
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- Archive 2012
- Archive 2011
- Archive 2010
- The Record Magazine
- Photo Gallery
- Video Gallery
COMMUNIQUÉ ON THE DIOCESE OF BROOME,
SUFFRAGAN DIOCESE OF THE METROPOLITAN SEE OF PERTH
This year, the Holy See appointed and sent the Most Reverend Peter W. Ingham, Bishop Emeritus of Wollongong, as Apostolic Visitator to the Diocese of Broome.
Considering all the circumstances surrounding the whole Diocese of Broome, the Holy See has granted the Most Reverend Christopher A. Saunders a six-month sabbatical leave outside of the Diocese of Broome. This period will begin on the 28th of November, the vigil of the Season of Advent, which inaugurates the new Liturgical Year of the church.
This period will represent a significant moment for a fruitful discernment of the whole situation of the Diocese, including the organization of its structures and with particular attention to the pastoral care of the faithful. Furthermore, it will offer the opportunity to clarify matters that may have created suspicion, confusion and uncertainty within the Local Church.
During this period the present Vicar General, Mons. Paul Boyers, in the capacity of Apostolic Administrator Sede Plena, will administer the Diocese of Broome.
28th November 2020
* This communiqué is published on behalf of the Holy See.
Download the full text PDF